Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Worn Out

Sometimes kids can wear you out. Tonight I feel so tired, I can only imagine what M is feeling like. M had an exciting morning at school and I had an exciting morning cooking some freezer meals for her. We then had a fun afternoon together which included a walk, finger painting, and some dancing. Luckily for M, she didn't have to do all the walking I did. She is the spoiled one in the stroller. I calculated it (mapmyrun.com) and I walked 6.67 MILES today! Can you believe it? The things I will do for M. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where I will post some of the crafts we have been doing. For now, I'll leave you with a delicious recipe.


Spicy Bean Burgers

1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped finely
1 carrot, grated
1 clove of garlic, pressed
2 cans (13 oz each) beans (I used kidney beans)
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

Slowly fry up the onion in the olive oil, about 5 minutes. Add the carrot and the garlic and simmer for 5 minutes. In a bowl, mash the beans and the tomato puree together. Add the onion mixture, the egg, the bread crumbs, and the salt and pepper. Mash together. In your hands roll the bean mixture into golf balls and then flatten. Place on an oiled baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 25 minutes, or until crispy, flipping the patties half way.

No comments:

Post a Comment